This post will discuss some general scenarios one should keep in mind while testing any mobile application. As the number of applications increases day by day. For making the high-quality application testing required on the number of smartphones and other devices.
What is mobile application testing?
- Usability Testing: Mobile application design and flow should be simple and easy to use. The aim is to provide a better user experience to the user.
- Compatibility Testing: In compatibility testing, the application is tested on several mobile devices, tabs and iPad to ensure the application working fine. Application is also tested on different browsers to ensure the quality
- Interface Testing: The application navigation flow and application are tested from the design perspective.
- Service Testing: Test the application functionality and application behaviour online and offline.
- Functional Testing: Perform all functional testing on the application.
- Network Testing: Test application by switching to different networks. Test application on 3G, 4G, and 5G to a WIFI connection.
- Recovery Testing: Testing of backups and recovery plan if a battery goes down, or data loss while upgrading the application from a store.
- Installation Testing: Test the app’s behaviour after reinstallation of the application. For Example, your progress on the application should not be disturbed.
- Security Testing: Test user data should be protected.
Types of Mobile Application
- Mobile web applications: Web pages transformed into web applications.
- Native Apps: Native applications developed on a particular framework. iOS and Android.
- Hybrid: Mobile application developed Combination of both web app and Native App.
Checklist For mobile Application Testing
Following are some vital checklists for application testing.
- Verify that the mobile application can be installed successfully from the play store or app store.
- Test the application by uninstalling and then reinstalling the application.
- Test mobile application behaviour on low battery.
- Test application while charging the cell phone or device.
- Make sure the app is working fine as the application is updated.
- Make sure the application is functional on a cross-platform. For Example, test on different devices like tabs, mobile and iPad.
- Test application on the different operating systems and android versions.
- Test the splash screen shown on opening the application or not.
- Verify the response when the application is running and a call or message is received.
- Verify that rate us functionality is working. On clicking on it, it should open the play store.
- Verify support screen is functional and user can be sent messages.
- Make sure the upload and download functionality is working fine for the application.
- Test save and delete functionality.
- Verify whether the payment method is working or not.
- Verify whether payment is carried out region-wise or not.
- Verify split-screen option is supported by the application or not.
- Test the application is working if the internet is off.
- Test the app by setting the permission on and off.
- Verify whether the restore purchasing option is functional or not.
- Test application on different screen resolutions, mobiles and iPads.
- Verify the user plan status or queries should not be discarded by reinstalling the application if the user makes any purchase.
- Verify the app behaviour by minimizing and opening the application.
- Test application on 2G, 3G, 5G and internet provided by the ISP.
- Verify app should be open on a tab on the push notifications sent by the application
- Observe the memory used by the application.
- Test the app on split-screen mode to verify the application should not crash.
- There should not be any glitch in the application.