Ecommerce Website Testing
This post contains a quick e-commerce website testing checklist. All possible e-commerce website testing scenarios are covered.
- Confirm whether users can search the products on an e-commerce website should be functional or not.
- Make sure that the correct result should be shown for the search result.
Test cases for eCommerce website (Product Selection related checklist)
- Verify products or items shown on the webpage clearly.
- Make sure that the items are categorised or not by the category name.
- Verify that the image added to the product should not be broken or blurred.
- Verify product size, dimensions and quality are mentioned under the product or not.
- Verify shipping information for the product is displayed or not.
- Verify whether product reviews by the customer are added or not.
- Verify the overall rating of the product is shown on the web page or not.
- Confirm whether the images for the products are available or not.
- Verify image of the product added should be the real images of the product.
- Confirm the user selected product detail page opens as the user clicks on the image or name of the product.
- Check whether the number of the remaining product shown or not.
- Confirm whether the available colour of the item should be shown on the webpage or not.
- Check the correct price of the product should be displayed on the webpage.
- Verify whether the product related more items are shown on the product detail web page or not.
Cart Button test cases
- Confirm whether the Add to Cart button is present or not on the webpage for the product.
- Make sure user selected products should be added to the cart page.
- Test users can add more than one item on the cart page.
- Verify the quantity of the selected product is shown clearly on the cart page or not.
- Verify the price of the selected product is clearly shown or not on the cart page.
- Verify the total price if any discount is offered.
- Check user can apply for a discount code if offered.
- Verify total price in front of each product is shown on the webpage or not.
- Verify whether the product delivery charges are mentioned on the cart page or not.
- Verify whether the total number of the selected item is shown on the cart page or not.
- Make sure that the expected product delivery time is mentioned on the web page or not.
- Verify whether the user can add multiple products to the cart or not.
- Verify user can remove the selected product from the cart successfully or not.
- Verify whether the user can add the same product multiple times or not.
- Verify the total price of all products is shown on the page or not.
- Verify by adding or removing the same or new product the new prices should be updated on the cart page or not.
Test Cases for Payment
- Verify whether the checkout or payment button on the cart webpage is present or not.
- Make sure on the payment page different payment methods are available or not for the user.
- Test payment is done successfully by adding valid credit/debit card credentials.
- Verify the correct shipping address is shown or not.
- Make sure the user is notified by sending an email or not.
- Verify email must have the order number or not.