Test cases for the Drag and drop files, images or photos
How to test drag and drop functionality?
- Verify it clearly mentioned whether the drag and drop functionality is supported by the inputs section or not.
- Check whether the canvas or the input section supports single or multiple images/files uploaded at once.
- Make sure only the supported files can be successfully dropped into the input section.
- Verify a loader with text and the percentage should be shown as the user drag and drops the file of large size.
- Test dropped files or images should not be downloaded in the browser.
- Verify the total number of files that can be dropped should not more than the allowed number of files.
- Verify the file name and size should be correctly shown on the website input section or not.
- Verify the file extension should be shown with the uploaded file or not.
- Verify the maximum size for the uploaded file should not exceed the allowed file or image size on the website. The uploaded file size should be more than 5 MB.
- Test a proper error message that should appear if the user tries to drop more files than the allowed limit. For example, Upto 5 files are allowed to upload at once
- Test a proper error message shown if the user tries to upload the unsupported file by dropping the file. For example, File/Image type is not supported.
- Verify user can upload the files by dragging and dropping from the device successfully or not.
- Verify all the uploaded files should be shown on the input section in the correct order.
- Make sure the orientation for the uploaded files should be correct and no file is rotated and should be aligned.
- Verify the count should be correct for the uploaded files by dragging and dropping.
- Make sure the aspect ratio for the uploaded images should not be disturbed on the website.
- Test user can delete the uploaded files or images if the user is not required to process any action on that file.