Skip to content
Test Cases For Login Page
Login Page Test cases
- Verify the login screen will appear after clicking on a login link or login button.
- Verify all login related elements and fields are present on the login page. i-e Login button, Register link, Forgot password link, Keep me logged in and Social logins.
- Verify the alignment of displayed elements on the login screen should be compatible in cross browsers testing.
- Verify that the size, colour and UI of different elements should match with the specifications.
- Verify that the login page of the application is responsive and all elements align properly on different screen resolutions and devices. On tab and different mobile devices.
- Verify login page title.
- After the user login page is open, the cursor should remain in the username text box by default.
- Verify that there is a checkbox with the label remember password on the login page.
- Verify the remember me checkbox should mark as checked after clicking on the label text and the check box.
Login Test Cases
- Verify the user credential remained on the field after clicking remember and get back to the login screen again.
- Verify that the user will be able to log in with their account with the correct credential.
- Verify that the user will get into their dashboard screen after login with the correct credentials.
- Verify that the user can access all controls and elements by pressing the Tab key from the keyboard.
- Verify that the user can log in by entering valid credentials and pressing Enter key.
- Verify that the user can log in by entering valid credentials and clicking on the login button.
- Verify that the password entered should be in encrypted form.
- Verify an eye icon is added on the password field or not.
- Verify that the user can be able to view the password by clicking on the eye icon.
- Verify line spacing added on password on mac.
- There should be an email verification check, as the user verifies the email address then the user is able to view the dashboard and access features.
- Add captcha on the login form to prevent the robot attack.
- Verify the error message should display after just entering an email address and leaving the password field blank.
- Verify the error message should display after just entering a password and leave the email field blank.
- Verify the error message should display after entering the invalid credentials.
- Verify the error message should display after entering an invalid email format.
- Verify the displayed error message for invalid email format should be correct.
- Verify the displayed error message grammar should be correct.
- Verify the displayed error message spell should be correct.
- Check logged in user should not log out on closing the browser.
- Verify the login session timeout duration. So, that once logged in a user can not be authenticated for a lifetime.
- Verify logged in user doesn’t log out by clicking the back button on the browsers tab.
- Verify that there is a limit to the total number of unsuccessful login attempts. Therefore, users cannot use brute force mechanisms to try all possible username-password combinations.
- Verify logged in user copies the URL and paste it in a new browser window, it should redirect to the login page.
- Check login by google and all social options for login in the private window separately.
- Verify the behaviour if the user tries to log in with Facebook but the user is registered on Facebook by phone number, not by email. In this case, instead of a 500 error message, a proper error message should be shown. Email not found.
- As the user sign in, at the home page there is no need for displaying Sign Up or Try Now etc (if the user logged in).
- Add rate limit on login. After how many attempts user should be able to restrict by the app for the wait.
- Verify it should not be always in loading in case if the user adds an invalid email and password.
- Verify all the functionalities should be working condition as the user sign-in from social login i-e Facebook and google.
- Prevent login page from SQL injection attack.
Security login Test case with social login
- Hacker registers with the user A account. User A now login using social login that account is already created by the hacker. Now hacker has access to the user A email and password as the user register with social login