Skip to content
Test Cases For Forgot Password
How write test cases for forgot password?
- Verify that forget password link should be present on the login screen.
- Verify that on clicking on the forget password link forget password page should open.
- Verify that the email field is present on the forget password page to recover the password.
- Verify as the user update password, the user should log out from all browsers and devices.
- Verify that storage for the database on forgot password.
- Verify that an email validation is added to the email field.
- Verify Submit button should be present on the page.
- Verify the whole button should be clickable not only the button text.
- Verify that the link sent to the user should expire after a certain time.
- Verify sent password link should be disabled on clicking on multiple times on the link or as per specification and requirement.
- Verify the error message should be displayed after entering an unregistered user email id.
- Verify the displayed error message for unregistered should be meaningful.
- Verify confirmation message check your email to recover password should be displayed after clicking on the button by entering the registered email id.
- Verify that user will get an email after entering valid email id in forget password.
- Verify the email which user get against forgot password should be displayed in the inbox, not in the spam folder.
- Verify the error message should be displayed when clicking on the recover button without entering the email id.
- Verify the user will get the forget password email from email@example.com.
- Verify the heading displayed in forget password screen should be ” Forget Password “.
- Verify the error message should be displayed when entering spaces in the field and clicking on the Submit button.
- Verify the subject name displayed in forget password email should be ” Your New Password”.
- Verify user should be login successfully with the new password not by the old password.
- Verify message should be shown on profile change your password in case if a temporary password sent in the email.
You Might Also Like