Skip to content
Test Cases For Search Functionality
How to test search functionality
- Verify the search field present and aligned.
- Verify place holder text added on search or not.
- Verify spelling and grammar should be correct for place holder text.
- Verify search icon is present on the field.
- Verify cursor should present on click on the search icon.
- Verify search is functional and generating the correct result for correct keywords or not by adding valid search.
- Verify search working by adding keyword and pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Verify search working by adding keyword and on click on the search button.
- Verify if the user can paste the keyword with the mouse.
- Verify an error message display by entering invalid keywords in the search field and clicking the search button.
- Verify an error message should display for blank input.
- Verify and observe how much time required for getting the search result.
- Verify a loader added if take time to get the result.
- Verify the search result generated by the search in the correct order as per requirement.
- Verify pagination added in case if the search result goes on the number of pages.
- Verify pagination is accessible or not by clicking on the Next, Previous and number.
- Verify suggestions shown or not on adding a keyword to search.
- Verify the max and min range for the search keyword.
- Verify auto suggestion shown on adding a keyword or not.
- Verify if new items/tools added on the website, a keyword should also be for the website search. So, the user can access them.
- Verify related keywords added to the search result or not. It should be added.